About Sci on the Fly
Sci on the Fly is a fellow-run blog and podcast that promotes public understanding of science and policy. It provides STPF current and alumni fellows an opportunity to gain vital experience in writing and podcasting for lay audiences. Launched in 2013, Sci on the Fly is the brain child of fellows Lynn Adams, Judy Keen and Lynn Hull. The first podcast was published by fellow Beth Linas in 2016. Fellows are all about communicating science! On iTunes? Listen here.
- Blog Executive Editor: Heather Masson-Forsythe
- Blog Editors: Mariah Baker, Jaclyn Brennan, Jesse Dunietz, Aditi Gupta, Ash Pennington and Camille Simoneau
- Podcast Executive Producer: Reshmina William
- Social Media @STPFSciFly: Katherine Yau, STPF Communications Associate
STPF Fellows/Alum Only: (1) Click here to learn how to post a blog.
(2) Want to podcast? Here's your chance to host, guest star, edit, and/or produce episodes. Contact Reshmina (link above). Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Notes from the Field: Share an interesting story from your postdoc/STPF/grad fieldwork that relates to science policy.
- Breaking Boundaries: Episodes highlighting teams and individuals whose work crosses disciplinary barriers.
- A Day in the Life: What's it like being a fellow in your placement office?
- Science in the News: Interviews with researchers and science communicators working on topics of relevance in the news.
Sci on the Fly does not necessarily reflect the views of AAAS, its Council, Board of Directors, officers, or members. AAAS is not responsible for the accuracy of this material. AAAS has made this material available as a public service, but this does not constitute endorsement by the association.