History of S&T Policy Fellowships
The AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) began in 1973 with seven fellows serving in congressional offices providing scientific expertise to policymakers facing increasingly technical legislative issues. Today, AAAS partners with federal agencies, congressional offices and committees, and approximately 30 professional scientific societies to provide public policy education and outreach experiences for scientists and engineers.
Interactive Timeline: 40 Years of STPF
How to Use the Timeline
- To navigate through the years, click and drag the bottom "slider" bar. You can also move through events by clicking and dragging directly on the timeline.
- Search the timeline by clicking the wrench icon in the lower right hand corner.
- Click on any image in the timeline to zoom in.
Customize your Experience:
- Click the wrench icon in the lower right hand corner to change: the zoom level, view type, the categories shown and the spacing. These settings are individualized and do not affect other viewers, so feel free to experiment with these settings to find a view that makes the most sense to you.
- Click here to view the timeline in "full screen."